Left Hemisphere Work
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us the 'Universe,' a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separate from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to enbrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."
Each hemisphere of a human brain is completely separate from the other half but connected at the corpus callosum, where they share information and communicate with each other.
Our left hemisphere processes information like a serial processor. It takes complex moments and lays them out in a sequential order. It organizes information in a logical and methodical and creates our understanding of past, present, and future.
Your left brain is the home of your ego and remembers the details of your life. The language processors in our left brains allow the use of words to describe, categorize and communicate. Our left brain names the parts of a and describes our bodies. It is constantly talking to us, it is our monkey mind that reminds us we need to get stamps and to stop for gas for the car. The left brain language center "defines us as 'I am' and then I become separate. I become a single solid individual, separate from the energy flow around me, and separate from you" (Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor presentation on TED.com).
My left brain work consists of over 30 years information technology management experience. I have an MBA with a major in technology and innovation management and many years of web development management experience across a variety of technical areas: Application development, web architecture, strategy development, information security, web design, user interface, style guides, business analysis, business process development, web development tools support, domain name management, and building Intranets from scratch at two Fortune 250 Pacific Northwest corporations. My LinkedIn profile has more details about my technology background.
- technical project planning
- program management
- technical business analysis
- copywriting and content development for web or print advertising
- academic research and editing and
- webmaster management
For eight years I was adjunct faculty staff member of the University of Phoenix, teaching undergrad and graduate eBusiness strategy, technology, business, and quality courses, both Online and the Seattle UOP campus. I am passionate about teaching, as is one of my archetypes. Everything I learn I want to share with others; it’s an integral component of who I am. enables me to continue teaching transpersonal and humanistic principles and the integration of body, mind, and spirit.
Highlights of my technical background are:
- Experienced technical project and technology program director with advanced skills in building and maintaining relationships, resulting in the delivery of successful projects on time and within budget.
- Deep understanding of IT systems, Internet technologies, and protocols. Over 25 years experience with IT systems management, interface design and applying human usability principles to maximize application and functionality.
- Excellent listening, communication, and presentation skills. Strong ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an understandable and non-threatening manner. Skilled presenter to all levels.
- Results oriented and forward thinking. Anticipates future problems, and opportunities. Excellent project management skills to ensure successful project completion.
- Strong process management skills and the ability to successfully deploy business process improvements across functional areas. Highly skilled in translating customer/business requirements to technical resources.
- Accomplished change agent who can navigate across political and organizational structures to successfully position change management and business process re-engineering for successful technological and business system change.
- Strong leader who inspires staff to meet high standards and achieve goals through open communication, trust, and empowerment.
"There are three principles in a man's being and life, the principle of thought, the principle of speech, and the principle of action. The origin of all conflict between me and my fellow men is when I don't say what I mean, and I don't do what I say."
Austrian-Jewish Philosopher and Educator