Right Hemisphere Work
"After the initial experimental verifications of quantum non-locality in the 1980s, there was no longer any question that the fabric of physical reality supported the time-space anomalies presented by psi. Coming to grips with the idea that we live within a profoundly holistic reality still remains a challenge, given that our daily experience more often reinforces a sense of isolation than a sense of unity. But as more people are exposed to these concepts, I expect that common sense may evolve into a new, uncommon sensibility in which psi is regarded as boringly normal."
Dean Radin, PhD
Shift: At the Frontier of Consciousness, 5, 10-14.
My right hemisphere work is parapsychology, researching the human-animal bond through telepathic connections.
Technology and advanced brain science research culminate in a deep understanding of specific brain functions. Each hemisphere of a human brain is completely separate from the other half but connected at the corpus callosum, where they share information and communicate with each other.
The left side of our body is managed by our right hemisphere, which functions as a parallel processor. The right brain produces the master collage of sound, vision, taste, and emotion at this specific moment in time. We experience this as pure energy. Our right brain remembers specific moments with crystal-clear clarity, and how things relate to each other.
To the right brain, time is only the present moment of Now. There is no past and no future, there is only the abundant now, as each moment is vibrating with multiple sensations. It does not comprehend rules or order, so intuition, creativity, spontaneity, feeling carefree, imaginative, and artistic happen without inhibition or judgment. The right hemisphere sees the big picture; how everything is related, connected, and part of the whole. (Watch the Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor presentation on TED.com for an amazing presentation and more info on right and left brain processing. Another really interesting presentation about brain processing is also on TED.com from Psychiatrist Iain McGilchrist.)
"All have some psychic powers. The psychic lies latent within yourself. First find deep within that purpose, that ideal to which you would attain."
My right-brain work includes telepathic interspecies communication, Reiki energy healing, and Healing Touch for Animals practice. To enable animal communication I have learned specific meditation and breathing techniques to quiet my mind and transfer my consciousness into Spirit and outside of space and time. On a Sunday afternoon in 2003 during my first animal communication workshop, the edges of the universe as I had perceived them were blown away in my first telepathic communication session with a small grey cat named Joey. The experience changed my life.
In all my animal communication sessions I agree to and abide by a Code of Ethics for Interspecies Communicators developed by Penelope Smith. I’ve since attended many advanced training classes. Over the past years, I have telepathically connected with hundreds of companion and wild animals, including cats, dogs, horses, rabbits, fish, snakes, birds, squirrels, moles in my yard, wild turtles in Hawaii, coyotes in the forest and a nesting pair of Barred Owls in my forest in the Pacific Northwest. I have learned animals have emotions, personalities, likes, dislikes, opinions, wishes, dreams, and are “gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained” (Henry Beston, 1928). Companion animals share with their human guardians.
"Scientifically speaking, the single greatest lesson Alex taught me, taught all of us, is that animal minds are a great deal more like human minds than the vast majority of behavioral scientists believed. Clearly, animals know more than we think, and think a great deal more than we know."
Irene Pepperberg (Jan, 2009). Think Animals Don't Think Like Us? Think Again: One extraordinary parrot helped shatter our preconceptions about animal intelligence.
My consciousness and spirituality work also includes being a Reiki Master and Healing Touch for Animals practitioner. I have formally and informally researched a wide spectrum of topics; spirituality, consciousness, psychology, cognitive psychology, positive psychology, brain science and plasticity, the science of compassion, interspecies communication, meditation techniques, Buddhism, Shamanism, clearing and programming, and a variety of energy healing modalities for humans and animals.
A list of my published research and articles, and courses I've taught and/or attended include:
- Presentation at "The Animal-Human Bond" conference on Sept 20, at Mansfield College in Oxford, England.
- Dissertation research presentation at the joint Society for Psychical Research and Parapsychological Association 2015 Conference, Greenwich, London, July 2015.
- Dissertation research poster presentation, Parapsychological Association Conference, Concord, CA, August, 2014.
- Dissertation research poster presentation, Saybrook University Graduation, San Francisco, CA, August 2014.
- Joan Ranquet Animal Communication, Oct 2013.
- Conducted dissertation research with 50 human guardians and their canines, June/July 2013.
- Interviewed by Carolyn Ross on her Internet Radio Show "The Vital Life," June 2011.
- Published in NeuroQuantology Journal, see the Ph.D. Work page for a link to the paper, March 2011
- Taught Basic Animal Communication at Hawks Prairie Veterinary Hospital, March 2011
- Amelia Kinkade Animal Communication, Oct 2010
- Presentation on Animal Communication Introduction to Hawks Prairie Veterinary Hospital, March 2010
- Presentation on Basic Animal Communication to Saybrook University Residential Conference, June 2009
- Taught Basic Animal Communication Class May 2009
- Presentation on Basic Animal Communication to Institute of Transpersonal Psychology Cohort, Aug 2008
- Hosted Shamanic Journeying for Animals, Aug 2008
- Hosted Connecting with Nature, May 2008
- Seeds of Compassion Event, Lead Venue Volunteer, April 2008 (see details below)
- Callahan Techniques Thought Field Therapy Algorithms (also known as EFT: Emotional Freedom Technique), March 2008
- Rupert Sheldrake and Bruce Lipton Presentations, Aug 2007
- Hosted Advanced Animal Communication, May 2007
- Tellington TTouch Workshop, April 2007
- Animal Death & Spirituality, Sept 2006
- Hosted Basic Animal Communication, May 2006
- Adam the Dreamhealer, Jan 2006
- Healing Touch for Animals Level 2, Sept 2005
- Conference Aug 2005
- Flower Essences for Animals, July 2005
- Hosted Basic Animal Communication, April 2005
- Healing Touch for Animals Level 1, April 2005
- Shamanic Communication with Animals, Jan 2005
- Reiki Master Attunement, Oct 2004
- Reconnecting with Nature, June 2004
- Advanced Animal Communication, Sept 2003
- Basic Animal Communication, August 2003
In April 2008 I volunteered for what turned out to be a life-changing experience:
Event on April 11–15, 2008 in Seattle WA.
Seeds of Compassion was an unprecedented gathering to engage the hearts and minds of our community by highlighting the vision, science, and programs of early social, emotional, and cognitive learning.
Anchored by the deep wisdom of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, this event celebrated and explored the relationships, and tools that nurture and empower children, and communities to be compassionate members of society.
Each of the five days provided parents, educators, business and community leaders with an opportunity to better understand the real benefits of compassion, and concrete steps on how to bring compassion into their lives.
Starting in January as Venue Lead volunteer, I planned, organized and managed a small army of 300+ volunteers on Saturday, April 12 at the Field Public Day. These volunteers assisted with a Resource Fair, presentations in WaMu Theater, and ensured each and every attendee received a program and compassion bracelet prior to the Dalai Lama's Field presentation to approximately 35,000 of our closest friends and neighbors.
"We are created for goodness, created for transcendence. We are created almost as the ultimate paradox, the finite created for the infinite. You and I and all of us are those who are made for God ... only God can ultimately satisfy us ... we are God carriers."Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Episcopal Archbishop of South Africa.
April 15, 2008, Seattle WA